Thursday, August 4, 2016

Heading out to Western Mass to start Day Zero


The PMC starts tomorrow! At least our unofficial Day Zero ride. I am very stoked to be riding in my fifth Pan Mass Challenge ride. With the generous help of my friends, I have raised over $8,000 to help in the fight against cancer. Thanks everyone!


Tonight my friends and I drive out to western Mass to spend the night in West Stockbridge. We will wake up bright and early tomorrow morning to bike to the NY state border and with our wheels on the border begin our ride to Sturbridge. The ride will take us through lovely western Mass, and up and over the Berkshires. After the Berkshires, we will head to Northampton for lunch, before bearing south to Sturbridge. 97 miles for the day. Not too shabby! The scene in Sturbridge is always exciting, full of thousands of cyclists as everyone prepares for the official start of the ride Saturday morning at 5:30 AM. Day 1 from Sturbridge to Bourne is the longest day at 110 miles, and Day 2 from Bourne to Provincetown logs in at a mere 80 miles. Stay tuned for a blog post from Sturbridge Friday night.

If you'd like to still contribute to my ride to fight cancer, here's a link to my fundraising page: http://profile.pmc.org/KC0258. Cheers!






1 comment:

  1. Your mileage puts us to shame! Have a blast!
    Silvia and Clive (now biking in hilly Maine)

    ReplyDelete